Apple and MTV Networks announced that new content including programs from Spike TV, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Logo, MTV and The N is now available on the iTunes Music Store.
Adding to the hit MTV Networks content already on iTunes, this new round of programming available for purchase and download crosses virtually every genre and includes Spike TV’s brand-new action series “Blade: The Series,” MTV’s prank-comedy show “Viva La Bam” and TV Land’s “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg.”
MTV Networks’ programming has been a huge success on iTunes since debuting earlier this year, with COMEDY CENTRAL’s “South Park” alone selling over one million episodes. iTunes now offers over 150 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.
“At MTV Networks, our brands create some of the most vibrant, entertaining and pop culture-defining programming today,” said Nicholas Lehman, executive vice president, MTV Networks Digital Media. “We’re excited to add more of our diverse programming to iTunes and to connect a broad digital audience with our bold entertainment content.”
“MTV Networks’ programming has been a hit with customers since launching on iTunes earlier this year,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “iTunes is the world’s most popular online video store with over 35 million videos sold, and we continue to expand the catalog of great television content now with over 150 network and cable programs available.”
The iTunes Music Store features a selection of over 9,000 music videos, Pixar and Disney short films, a variety of hit TV shows, and more than three million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent labels.
Here is what you will really get:
- Spike TV: “Blade: The Series,” the network’s first original scripted action-adventure/drama, builds upon New Line Television/Marvel Studio’s successful movie trilogy and brings the main character into new story lines. The two-hour premiere episode will be offered for free, exclusively on iTunes today through July 11. “TNA: iMPACT,” the wrestling alternative that delivers high-risk athletic entertainment, integrating well-known superstars with the best up-and-coming talent. “Disorderly Conduct,” an adrenaline-packed series with outrageous video footage pulled from police precincts across the country.
- TV Land: “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg,” hosted by legendary comedian, producer and director David Steinberg, is a one-on-one comedy forum where celebrated performers including Larry David, Martin Short, Bob Newhart, Jon Lovitz and George Lopez open up about their personal lives and careers.
- Nick at Nite: “Fatherhood,” the animated comedy series based on Bill Cosby’s best-selling book of the same name; “Hi-Jinks”, the hit hidden-camera series where adults play good-natured pranks on kids of all ages.
- Logo: “Noah’s Arc,” the first season of the network’s original drama/comedy series; “U.S. of ANT,” a reality series following the irreverent comedian ANT; and “Wisecrack,” a stand-up comedy series.
- MTV: “Viva La Bam,” documenting the comical and chaotic life of skateboarding pro and “Jackass” star, Bam Margera.
- The N: “Beyond the Break,” a drama series about the competitive world of surfing, where four passionate women pursue their dreams of becoming professional surfers.
Television shows are $1.99 (US) per episode and music videos or short films are $1.99 (US) each.