Complex system information program that includes advanced benchmarks for your computer. Test CPU (Multi Processor), Video devices, Hard disks, CD ROM/DVD and even network connections.
Dr. Hardware 2005 helps you understand and solve mysteries related to your computer. Professional edition includes Sensor monitor (Voltage, temperature and fan rotation info) and Burn-In Benchmark suite.
The main window has 6 selections: Overview, Hardware, Devices, Windows, Resources and Benchmarks. In order to provide full info about your system, simply choose the appropriate device to scan. For example, System overview required in our test about 1 minute to fully display info about processor, chipset memory, main bios, bios date.
Dr. Hardware has explicit diagrams to even compare your CPU, memory, hard disks, video devices with other similar products. For instance, video card is evaluated against AGP 8X mode, AGP 4X mode, AGP 2X mode, AGP 1X mode. Although this is in some way helpful, it would have been even better if the user’s video card could be compared with particular cards which exist in stores, based on chip manufacturer, video memory, RAMDAC info, and VPU/memory clock.
Furthermore, even the Internet connection can be benchmarked. Compare it with DSL, ISDN or analog modem transfer rates. Discover min, mid and max data download speeds. Zoom in and out the diagram to find exact values.
The only regret we’ve had testing this application was the fact that it doesn’t offer support for DDRAM modules. But all in all this proved to be just the perfect tool to classify a system’s performance. Useful Help and a simple menu are the key ingredients that guide you through tons of system information and the most important benchmarks.
What’s new in Dr. Hardware 2005 6.5.0e:
- Detects and analyses the latest processors, mainboard chipsets, PCI devices and much more.
- New! ATA/S-ATA hard disks: S.M.A.R.T analysis and hard disk temperature reporting.
- New! Keyboard test to test the function of the keyboard (keystroke test).
- Detects Pentium XE (Extreme Edition), Pentium D, Celeron D, AMD Dual Core processors (Athlon 64 X2/Opteron), Turion, latest Athlon-64/Opteron/Sempron cpus.
- Detects chipsets nVidia nForce4, ATI Radeon IGP Serie, several SiS chipsets; improved detection of 910GL,915P/PL/G/GV, 925X/X2/XE.
- southbridge report for Intel, SiS and VIA chipsets; detailed info for Intel 945G/P, 955X chipsets.
- ATA/S-ATA analysis: detects S-ATA 1 + 2 devices, Native Command Queuing (NCQ); detects capacity above 128 GB
Dr. Hardware 2005 6.5.0e can be downloaded here.