Search for multiple files at the same time on any system running either Windows, Macintosh, Linux or Solaris.
The new version of LimeWire Basic is probably the best ever. LimeWirePro offers for $18.88 better search results, turbo-charged download speeds, multiple source connection. Both versions are ads and spyware free.
Not only it integrates iTunes, but also Firewall to Firewall Transfers, UDP Host Caches and Universal Plug ‘N Play. Most recent files can be browsed through the What’s New feature and, furthermore, searches can be performed for files near user’s location or proxy.
The interface has a clean look, with easy to use filter options (Media, Artist, Album), while the Monitor and Library Tab offer extended support. Other features include use of small icons, statistics, updates, chat, bug reports. License information is automatically received when downloading a file.
What’s New in LimeWire 4.9.37:
- Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta-information.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
- ” Swarm” downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
- iTunes integration for Mac users.
- Unique “ultrapeer” technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup.
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you’re on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.